- What did you think about the A-B- C format?
The A-B-C format was really easy to follow along with the class. It allowed me to know what we were going to be doing on every week. It clearly stated that the middle eight weeks of Art 110 would be where a majority of the work consists. It helped me stay ahead of the schedule.
2. What did you think of the 4 Messy Hands activities? (Plaster Casting, Sketching in the Garden, Graffiti Writing & Finger Painting
The messy hands activity were the more fun activities compare to the rest. It allowed me to explore different types of art. As well as push me to go to explore the creative side of my mind.
3. What did you think of the 4 Life Design activities? (Design Thinking, ePortfolio, Environmental Portrait, vlog)
Life Design activities were tedious but I knew that there was an beneficial purpose behind them. The Life Design activities gave me a reason look more into my career(s) of interest. My favorite assignment out of the four would by far be the vlog because it allowed me to displays what I love to do outside of school and allows other people to enjoy it.
4. What did you think of the Student Choice & One More activities?
I do not have much of an opinion on this.
5. What did you think of visiting the SOA Galleries, having Conversations with SOA Artists, and blogging about them?
Coming into this class, I initially thought going to talk to artists would be a boring. But realized that I have actually come to enjoy viewing artwork and speaking with the artists. Blogging about them got really repetitive and at times I felt like I was saying the same over and over. But in the end I learned a lot and enjoyed looking at the creation
6. What did you think of using the class website, glenn.zucman.com/i2va, plus your own websites, instead of BeachBoard?
Getting used to using a website other than Beachboard was weird at first. But it was pretty simple to get the hang of it. I liked that I was able to have website literally is titled by my name. One thing I would change for the professor’s website is the to add to the calendar view the activity we are doing for the specific day of the week
7. What did you think of using WordPress for your blog?
WordPress was quick and easy to make and simple to use.
8. What did you think of using Wix for your ePortfolio?
Wix for my EPortfolio was pretty confusing to use. But in the end, I was able to do it and it has a nice design that looks very professional.
9. What did you think of the guest speakers? (Internships, Study Abroad, etc)
The guest speakers were helpful and informative. They had sparked my interest and had actually gotten me to look more into it.
10. What did you think of the times in class when we took time to meet new classmates? How many Art110 peeps did you know before the class started? How many do you know now?
I thought it was a good concept because everybody is stuck in their own little bubble and sometimes need to be pushed to doing thing out of their comfort zone. I knew about 4-5 people that were in the class and now i know about 8-9 people.
11. What did you think about having a class with no tests? I don’t just mean “was it cool to not have to take any,” but students use tests to guide their study and participation in a class. Students tend to learn what’s on the test, and to not learn anything that isn’t. Did not having exams make it harder to focus or find importance and relevance in the class?.
Yes having no exams made me question the importance and relevance in the class. However, having no tests just shows me that learning does not just mean memorization and formulas. It means that I have to actually enjoy and care about what I learn. Otherwise it is just meaningless to take those classes.
12. Any other thoughts?
Nothing really just continue to do what you do.